UV curable coatings offer several advantages:
- Fast curing - reduced Work In Process
- Stable at room temperature – Easier processing and longer shelf life
- 100% solids technology – no VOCs (volatile organic compounds)
- Primers not required – lower cost
- Flexible processing – spin, dip, flow, spray, web
UV curable coatings are available in both solvent-based and 100% solids formulations. The choice is largely dependent on the geometry of the part to be coated and the application method utilized. Solvent-based coatings can be used with most application techniques and are required for dip and flow applications. 100% solids coatings can be applied by spin, spray, screen, and web systems.
The absence of solvents makes these coatings attractive from a health and environmental perspective. LTI is at the forefront of development of 100% solids technology and pioneered the use of these coatings in the ophthalmic lens industry.
Contact Us for More InformationOur Coatings